There are a couple of opportunities in 2020 to be involved to mentor or offer career or study advice to our current students.
Alumni Career & Networking
Our Alumni Career & Networking night is back – please save the date Thursday 21 May if you would like to be a part.
You will receive an invitation if you have previously indicated your interest otherwise, please contact Community Relations for more details.
Year 12 Conference Mentoring
Mrs Heather Ruckert the Year 12 Co-ordinator is seeking alumni support for a new session within the Year 12 Conference to be held on Monday 17 February 2020 from 3.00pm to 3.45pm in the CM Wood Centre at Tintern Grammar.
The overview of the session would be as follows:
Section 1: Panel Q and A – Year 12 Revisited
This section would be best suited to those alumni who are more recent graduates of Tintern Grammar.
Questions relating to study skills, tips, wish I had known….
Section 2: Networking – Breaking the Ice
This section is suitable for all alumni who would like to share the art of ‘Networking’
- What does networking mean?
- The Importance of networking
- Tips for having networking conversation
Section 3: Interactive activity relating to study skills
- Students provided with some information to learn
- Approximately 30 minutes to discuss note take strategies and students to create their notes with 10 mins to learn content
- Kahoot or similar quiz to test effectiveness of revision techniques
Thank you for your consideration and if you are interested or would like to find out more please be in touch either directly to Mrs Heather Ruckert or via Community Relations with your availability before Monday 20 January 2020.